- PEAC does not purchase birds, even to remove them from bad situations.
- PEAC will accept birds donated to our organization.
- PEAC does not breed birds or place any birds into breeding situations.
- PEAC does not adopt birds to children.
- Potential adoptors of small birds are required to attend our “Basic Bird Care” seminar.
- Potential adopters of medium to large birds are required to attend at least the following three seminars: “Basic Bird Care,” “Parrot Personalities,” and “Behavioral Problems.”
- Potential adopters will receive a copy of our adoption application after attending the required seminars.
- All potential adopters will receive a home visit performed by one of our volunteers before being approved for adoption.
- Approved adoption applications will be placed on a waiting list if a bird is not currently in our system that would be a good match for the approved adopter.
- Only one parrot acquisition per home or PEAC membership is allowed in an 18-month time period.
- Adopters are required to pay an adoption fee and reimburse PEAC for veterinary fees the bird may have incurred.
- Adopted birds are to remain in the home and be treated as a member of the family.
- Adopted birds may not be sold, given away, bred, or used for any type of monetary purposes.
- After attending the mandatory seminars, those wishing to adopt a first-time large bird, such as a Amazon, African Grey, Cockatoo, or Macaw will be required to spend hands-on time with the species of their choice under supervision of one of our volunteers before being approved.
- As a general rule, we will not place a Cockatoo, Macaw or other noisy bird in an apartment or condominium.
- PEAC will not adopt birds as companions to other birds.
- PEAC does not place birds into aviary situations.
- Birds must remain in a 100% smoke-free environment.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.